Sunday, April 28, 2013

Paleo 100%- 105 04/14/13

I have been on a strong medication for almost the last 5 years to help me with my Crohn's. It has been great because I've been in full remission BUT, I have to give myself a shot twice a month and it is an immune suppressing drug. This year we switched insurances and it will cost a lot more to take so I decided to try something I've always wanted to do- see if diet alone will keep me in remission. I'm scared to death to do this but I want to give it a shot. I think Paleo is the way to go on this one, although the one thing I will do differently is eat less pork and red meat. So far so good. I have had one day that I ate a few things I shouldn't have but all the other days, I am perfect! No sugar, dairy or gluten. Some days are harder then others but for the most part, it's fine. 

No comments: