Thursday, September 16, 2010

My doctor is the BEST!!

So I had my regular preggo check-up today and I sheepishly asked my doctor what the likely-hood of delivering this baby on 10.10.10 would be. I didn't think there was a chance because I'm due the 19th which is over a week and the 10th is on a Sunday. I figured asking was a long shot but what did I have to lose (according to my dad who said to tell him we'd pay him-ha ha!)? It didn't sound like anyone else had requested it yet because he thought for a moment and played around with the idea. He said they don't induce sooner than a week early but he checked my last ultrasound and according to it my due date is the 16th. He said we could go off that date and therefore it would be okay to induce at that time. He suggested setting a tentative time on the 9th at 9pm that way there is room in case someone else needs to be induced that takes priority. He also said it would depend on my cervix but we could do some things to help that along. I of course said "serious? Let's do it!!". My husband was shocked and excited as well and said "watch, she'll come earlier than that now." Ha ha! I won't complain if that happens of course but how exciting that she could have one of the coolest birth-dates ever!! I'm way happy! Yes, my doctor is the best and I totally recommend him to anyone- Dr. Beck.

4 comments:

smilingsarahbear said...

You suck!!! Ok sorry- that was out of line. I'm just so jealous. I'm due on the 12th and my docs aren't doing the c-section until the 7th. I had Joaquin 3 weeks early and he was almost 9lbs. And my doc, ironically, was Dr. Beck. I loved him. You're so lucky. They wouldn't even consider doing it any earlier because of some stupid statewide law. Grrrr... I want him out so bad. I'm pretty sure I'll go into labor before my scheduled c-section which sucks because then I can't plan as well and I'll also have to deal with labor pains on top of c-section recovery. Ok- sorry for the vent. I really am happy for you that you are having some luck in the "having a baby when you want to" department:) That is a really cool birthday!

And P.S.- could your boys BE any cuter? Seriously!!

Brittany Calkins said...

I'm totally jealous as well! My first due date was the 7th, then the moved it to the 21st! At the end my ultrasounds said I was due the 14th. They only do c-sections at 39 weeks and they wouldn't change my c-section date so I still had her on the 15th! I think they must be stricter with c-sections.

PS I got your FB message! I am glad you like the headbands! I am just so excited for you and Amanda having little girls!! Girls are so fun to dress up :)

Steve + Brindy Arnett said...

haha thats awesome!! i really hope that works out.. that would seriously be the coolest!! ;)

Jeff, Chelsea & Rustin said...

How how fun! I second that Doctor Beck is awesome! Can not wait to see her!