Saturday, October 2, 2010

Jaxonian's Birthday Bash

Okay, time to explain his nickname. When Jaxon was born, Brian often called him Jax-on-a-man-yule. Not sure if anyone can pronounce that with how I spelled it but from there it became Jaxonian and/or Xonian. Then Ryker is my Little Tyke or Tyker. All kids have got some sort of a name their parents created, right?

Now onto our (almost) newly turned 4 year old. Aaaaaaaaaa, do I really have a 4 year old? Since next Saturday the 9th (which is his actual birthday) is my induction day, we decided to celebrate today. To begin, Brian purchased this 65 lb+ turtle from a coworker a few days ago. It became part of Jaxon's present. The boys LOVE her. She is cool. We even caught Ryker riding her.


Then today we had his party. We were planning to invite ALL our friends but decided to go smaller. With being 2 weeks from my due date, and the space in our house, and finances, we kept it to mostly family. Jaxon has been looking forward to it all week. We had such a great time. He spent the day with the people he loves most and loved every present he got.

Of course pinata's are a hit at every party. All you parents know you like it for you too! Kind of like trick or treating-we get to benefit from it also! :)
I let my kids check out the toy isles at all the stores. I never buy anything and they never ask-seriously. Until one day they put a brand new remote control Iron Man on the shelf. Jaxon begged and pleaded for me to let him take it home the first time he saw it. Even though I thought it was overpriced and not as cool as it should be, did I have a choice but to get it for him for his birthday? Do you see how happy he is? It doesn't leave his side.
Then of course, yet another Iron Man cake. What my baby wants, my baby gets. It wasn't anything special. I've got a stomach sticking out further then I ever remember it and I'm tired. Luckily, it was good enough for my boy.

I love this kid. He has been nothing but a blessing since the first day we met him. He's well behaved and the sweetest kid you'll ever meet. If you didn't see it on my FB page, I made a post about how he is always telling me how much he loves me and that I'm his best friend. He's also added, I'm his favorite mommy in the whole world. Seriously, is there anything sweeter a mother can hear? He is my angel and we just adore him. Thanks to everyone who came to celebrate with us today. We have such wonderful family and friends.

2 comments:

smilingsarahbear said...

He's such a cutie and you can tell from his countenance that he's a sweetie. 4 is definitely one of my favorite ages. Have fun with it. And hang in there- your baby girl will be here before you know it:)

Nate and Kristen said...

That looks like a lot of fun! Happy Birthday Jaxon!