Friday, January 7, 2011

Jaxon's "Almost" Surgery

My little Jaxon has a hernia. He's had it since birth (we didn't realize it till a year ago). We've finally gotten around to getting it repaired. Our morning started dark and early. I was up at 4am to get kids ready and to my sister in-laws house (Liz watched Ryker and Harlee for me since Brian wasn't off work yet) by 5:30. Jax needed to be at the hospital by 6. His procedure wasn't until 7:30. As you can see, it was already a crazy start with a decent amount of waiting around. At 7:30 the nurse called the doctor who was supposedly running late and wouldn't be there until 8. Okay, whatever. We can handle 30 more minutes. So he finally gets there and I was a little annoyed that he didn't even seem sorry for making us wait but again, whatever. He says it shouldn't be too much longer. 15 minutes later he tells me we should have done the procedure yesterday because doing it today doesn't work with his schedule. Information that might have been useful when I scheduled the appointment and he said I could do it today. He said he needed to have been reminded that we were coming (supposedly his staffs fault, not his) at 7:30. Sooo, he hadn't planned on coming in before 8 all along. He then throws in, we can't do it until 9:30. But he was certain he could do it in 15 minutes so no big deal (he's still not sorry for being a jerk). Here are two kicker's for you. I think he's somewhere between 70 and 80 something years old so I was already a little weary of him cutting Jaxon open but then as he's telling me he could do it in 15 minutes, I said "see ya!" because the nurses all said it would take an hour. I don't need his old hands rushing the surgery. I told him "forget it, we're not waiting that long. We've waited too long as it is. We are leaving". At first I was FURIOUS!! I still am but then as the sweet and apologetic nurses came in to talk to me, I realized how all of it happened for a really good reason. He was absolutely the wrong doctor for the job and the gals recommended some other great ones to me. Again, we were being watched over. Even though it stinks I have to visit yet another doctor and reschedule this appointment and go through it all over again, it was so for the best. Only A++ doctors for my babies. The good news is, Jaxon got a doggy he named "Ruffy" and a cool decorated face mask. Oh, and his first ride in a wagon. He was so good and so sweet. When the nurses asked him his name, he always answered "Jaxonian". They thought it was hilarious. And when we were in his room getting ready to leave he could tell I was upset and didn't understand why we weren't leaving right away (we were waiting for them to get paperwork ready). When the nurses came in to help, he told them I didn't know how to get out. Ha ha!


No comments: