Friday, January 7, 2011

Rykers

I realized today that I do an awful lot of bragging about my oldest and youngest but what about my middle child? Is it because he's in the middle? Is it because he's my most frustrating? Maybe it's because most of my day is consumed and focused on him that I don't feel the need to write about him. It's quiet, where is Ryker? What is he getting into? He's moving a kitchen chair-what is he reaching for? Is that crayon or playdough in his mouth? He's hungry-again-what should I feed him? He's crying/screaming/yelling-what happened? Jaxon is crying/screaming/yelling-what did Ryker do to him? You can imagine how exhausted I am not by the end of the day but by the middle of it. He's not a bad kid, he's just ridiculously active. Well, he does love to hit and pinch people but at least we're passed the biting stage. I think it's a way to release some of his energy. He doesn't want to cause people pain but it's like a need for him to squeeze things. I loved it the other day when he was running around and ran by Brian, pinched him in the arm and kept going. He gets along best with my brother's because they wrestle with him and encourage this kind of behavior but he is seriously the happiest when he's with them. Maybe I have a future wrestler on my hands-sigh! On the upside, he has the biggest and sweetest personality of any kid you'll ever meet. It's like anything, it seems like the best comes out of the worst (if that makes sense). Here are some of his lines. Some make me laugh and others melt my heart:

"I love you too much"
"You're my best friend" (picked that one up from Jaxon)
"Just a few more couples"
"You're my good boy" (yes, he says that to me)
"I'm just nothing!!!" (when he is caught doing something)
I tell him to share so he hands over the toy and immediately says "he's not sharing!"
He calls Jaxon Jaxonian and tells others to call him that
He refers to himself as little tyke
He has refused since the day he turned 2 to say he's 2. He'll correct you and say he's 3
If Jaxon yells at him he tells me "Jaxon talked to me like that!" Because I always say "don't talk to me like that".
His positive responses go a little like this and not always in this order "Sure. Probably. Yes!!"

I'm sure I'm forgetting some but that's my boy. I do love him dearly. He brings a lot of laughter to our home and he just adores Jaxon and Harlee (most of the time). :) I look forward to the day where he will hopefully be less work but I do try to enjoy these moments because even as tiring as it can be, I know I'm going to miss this like crazy! I love you too much Ryker!




No comments: