Thursday, February 17, 2011

Meet Roxy


No silly. I still hate animals. Especially dogs. Well, it's not that I hate them. I love them. OUTSIDE of my home. My poor animal loving husband had come to terms that it would be several years before I agreed to be a dog owner. I have allowed all sort of reptiles though, which seem to have a high turnover rate at the Taylor home. Brian can't seem to decide which he likes best. Okay, back to the reason for this post. Long story short, my brother has been feeding this dog for the last few months-at the office. Yep, it's a stray that took a liking to Metric Roofing and its employees. My brother, Craig, finally trapped and caught it one morning, took it to the vet, got it fixed up (including shots), cleaned her up, and brought her home. Next was the hunt to find her a home. We were asked and I slightly considered it and mentioned it to Brian. BIG mistake. Once he realized it was a possibility, he begged and pleaded for me to get her. So here we are. Dog owners *shudder*. She is super sweet and attached to my boys (who love her more than candy. That's a big deal). She does what she's told, doesn't bark, and stays to herself. I couldn't have asked for a better pet but all pets, no matter how good they are, poop and that's what I hate most. And I hate licking and this one treats my kids' faces like lollipops. Ugh! If my kids weren't so happy, I would have no problem kicking her out the door. Oh what a mother wouldn't do for her kids. I was a pretty good mom before, but now I'm the bomb-diggity. Oh, I forgot to mention she's only about a year old so we'll have her for years to come. Yeah (this is definitely sarcasm)! No really, I'm happy she has a home and a loving one. She seems to fit right in and I'm really trying hard to not treat her like a big germ. :) Welcome home Roxy.

1 comment:

Steve + Brindy Arnett said...

yaaay! you got a dog! i'm all for dogs too :) even if i get soo mad at ours sometimes [like when he kills things grrrr :( ] ...i think its good for kids to get used to having dogs young so theyre not afraid later... and i feel safer with a dog around because they bark and can ward off stranger danger! :)