Monday, March 18, 2013

Green Day- 76 3/17/13

 I read an article today from a woman who is sick of people turning miniscule holidays into big ones. oooops, she would hate me. I don't know why but I feel this need to turn anything into something big and special. I love all the traditions our family has started. I'm not trying to impress anyone and I don't think less of a mother who doesn't do anything extra. It's just something I really enjoy and want to do. So, for those of you irritated by it, sorry but I'm not going to stop because you don't like doing this stuff. ANYWAY,  for breakfast I dyed a few things green which in reality was pointless because we played a game. Since this day is about luck I told them how lucky they were to have eyes and wanted them to eat breakfast without them. Ha ha (see, no real need to color the food)! Lame, I know but they thought it was fun and hilarious. I also had a scavenger hunt for them when they woke up. Those cups have "gold" in them!
 We all had a lucky shirt. I am so obsessed with this color. Naturally, this is a favorite day of mine.
 Then for dinner we talked about how lucky we are to have hands. Ha ha! This was so fun. Definitely a new tradition for us.
It was a really fun day and I look forward to next year! It really didn't take any planning or preparation and it was something fun and different to do.

1 comment:

steve + brindy arnett said...

i love that you go all out for little holidays. i think that is so fun! i totally want to steal your idea for next year too! ;)