Thursday, August 12, 2010

And her name will (probably) be...

Brian and I have had the hardest time deciding on a girls name. Why is it so hard?? To be honest, he is not in love with this name. I think a lot because he doesn't get a good reaction from a lot of people when he suggests it but also because it's not his top pick. I LOVE the name. And I'm okay if you hate it. With my last child being named Ryker, I am used to people hating it or loving it. Luckily, I have complete control (with my husband-sort of) to name my children how I please just like everyone else. Soooo, don't feel like you'll hurt my feelings if you don't like it. Nuf said. When I was reminded of the name by a family member, I tossed it to Brian expecting an immediate no. He gave me a maybe. After a few weeks of trying to convince him, we decided to drop it because it just wasn't going to work for him. Sadly, my grandpa whose name is Harley (where it derived from), was recently diagnosed with cancer (the bad kind and I don't know what the official name is but it's blood cancer). My sweet husband upon hearing the news, told me I could have the name, knowing how much it would mean to me and my family. I've always said I don't like "officially" naming a baby before I see him/her because they need to look like it but this time I'm pretty certain unless I get a weird feeling about it once she's here. Me and the boys painted these letter's and hung them up in her room. The colors match the bedding perfect. I am excited. I don't give my hubby a lot of the kudos he deserves but he's a good man and I'm grateful for him.

1 comment:

{B}dreamy said...

Hello (again)! While I'm sad and disappointed with myself for not keeping as up to date with your blog as I should, I am SO glad I (finally) got to talk to you :) And I'm even more excited to see you in person! *B