Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sad...I think not! Happy Birthday to me!




Like I said in my previous post, Brian has to work and was asleep this evening. I went to church with the kiddo's from 1-4 and came home and cooked a quick meal. I sat and thought, cake and ice cream is one of those things my family does religiously each year for each of the kids. My family was out of town so that didn't work out this year. I planned to have a regular evening but decided last minute that DANG IT! I want cake and ice cream! So I ran the boys to the store with me (I know, it's Sunday-bad! And believe me, I paid the price. They were embarrassingly awful in the overcrowded store). They picked out my cake. I gave them an option of 3 cakes because I don't like store-bought chocolate and I don't like whipped frosting. They picked the least best looking one out of the 3 but oh well. We came home. I let them assemble 20 candles on the cake. I decided to celebrate my 20th birthday. It was a lot more enjoyable to believe I was only 20. :) I was the photographer so the pics aren't great. I got a picture of us blowing out the candles (after they so sweetly sang to me) but I cut off the tops of our heads. At least you can see our puckered lips. Ha ha! The cake was surprisingly good and the kids loved it. I don't think it's sad I bought my own cake. I don't think it's sad I only celebrated with my two rugrats. And I definitely don't think it's sad I had to pretend I was younger to feel better about it. What I do think is sad...none of it. I had a great evening and got what I wanted!

2 comments:

Steve + Brindy Arnett said...

Happy Birthday Cassy!! :) yay im so glad your keeping up with your blog..its so fun to see all your pictures and stories.. your kiddos are soo cute and your such a cute mama!! oh and i really love the name you picked for your little girl! very cute!

The Lepetich Family said...

Happy Birthday!! I don't think it is sad you bought your cake. I would have done the same thing! I am happy you had a great day!!